Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mud Pie Kitchen


After trolling early childhood education blogs for months, I came across a trend that I find delicious -- mud pie kitchens! As the name suggests, it's simply an outdoor kitchen stocked with real used kitchen items that I found at our local Goodwill store. I must admit that I originally conceived the idea with Miss Independant in mind. Having her little friends over to make mud pies seemed too cute to resist, however, both boys quickly took to the set up. Mr. Brightside turned it into a potions class straight out of Harry Potter and Mr. Rolo truly thought if we left out the mud cakes to dry in the sun they would magically turn into edible cakes. Those of you who know Mr. Rolo can predict a rather serious tantrum erupted when he realized he was not in fact going to eat real cake. All in all, it's been a great addition to our backyard! 

6 comments:

  1. What fantastic, messy fun!! What kid doesn't love playing with mud :-) My son has been making mud and dinosaur cupcakes this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! The messier, the better, according to my kids.

    http://practicallyhomemade.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lot of fun!
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete