Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Art Supplies Organization

Our coat closet off of our kitchen has become our art and general supplies cabinet for our three kids. So far it consists of an over the door shoe organizer, shoe holder for clothes rack and an old Billy cabinet from Ikea.

This over the door hanger from amazon cost about $11 and is the most functional organizational tool I have ever used. We have them in our pantry for snacks, bathrooms for odds and ends and in the kids closets for small toys. Over time I hope to add more shelves and better utilize the walls with hooks. 







My husband also installed an art wall at the top of the stairs using a curtain hanging system from Ikea. I like how this really highlights the childrens' art work in a special way and keeps my fridge clutter free.


6 comments:

  1. Omg, I just LOVE the over the door hanging art supplies! What an absolutely fabulous idea!! I so need one of those. We're tight on space and I love that I can hang the not-for-the-toddler stuff up top out of reach. Thanks for sharing at the Kids Co-op :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you are displaying your kids' art! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I need to do something like this for all the beautiful artwork that my grandkids bring over and want me to hang on the fridge.
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete