Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Top Ten Art Supplies for Kids

Here are my top ten art supplies that get the most use in our home:


1. Do-a-dot bingo dabbers. I find this is a less messy way to "paint".
2. Contact paper for all sorts of sticking projects.



3. Acrylic paint.




4. I'm not a fan of crayons (I prefer oil pastels), however, when we do use crayons these rock crayons are super. These rock crayons were recommended by our OT because they force a tripod grip.





5. Oil pastels, probably my favorite art supply. They give such rich color and texture to art work.






6. An easel is great to have, or easel substitute such as a wall or fridge in your home.





7. These dry erase crayons get a lot of use at our home because we have two white boards in the boys room.






8. Pip squeaks are fabulous. Recommended to me by our OT because of the smaller size.




9. Good old sidewalk chalk. I love the portability of the bucket of chalk to take to the park. It's also fun to use on black construction paper.





10. A real artist canvas sure makes my kids feel important and they are easy to hang up. We have several works of art on canvas in the kid's bathroom. You can find 12 packs for as little as $11.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for providing this awesome list! My little, artistic, four year old already has a few things on it. I'm going to try and find the rest but, can I ask, where did you get the rock crayons? I've seen them before on blogs and have never been able to find them. My e-mail is. angelbrick3@yahoo.com if you could please tell me where you got them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I emailed you a link and I have linked it on this post now too. Got it on amazon.

      Delete
  2. This is a great list, My girls love using most of these supplies, although I don't think we've tried oil pastels yet. Will have to try them soon
    Thanks for sharing with this week Kids Co-op :)

    ReplyDelete