Here are my top ten art supplies that get the most use in our home:
1. Do-a-dot bingo dabbers. I find this is a less messy way to "paint".
2. Contact paper for all sorts of sticking projects.
3. Acrylic paint.
4. I'm not a fan of crayons (I prefer oil pastels), however, when we do use crayons these rock crayons are super. These rock crayons were recommended by our OT because they force a tripod grip.
5. Oil pastels, probably my favorite art supply. They give such rich color and texture to art work.
6. An easel is great to have, or easel substitute such as a wall or fridge in your home.
7. These dry erase crayons get a lot of use at our home because we have two white boards in the boys room.
8. Pip squeaks are fabulous. Recommended to me by our OT because of the smaller size.
9. Good old sidewalk chalk. I love the portability of the bucket of chalk to take to the park. It's also fun to use on black construction paper.
10. A real artist canvas sure makes my kids feel important and they are easy to hang up. We have several works of art on canvas in the kid's bathroom. You can find 12 packs for as little as $11.