Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What's in the Waiting Bag for May?

Each week we have a doctor visit, tutor visit and restaurant visit which requires waiting with three children. Each month or two I swap out the items in our waiting bag with new ones to keep their interest. Also included but not shown is snacks, water and books. Here's what's in the waiting bag for May:

Find it game.



Play-Doh. We usually use this to make jewelry for Miss Independent.



Felt fractions. I just traced a bowl on four sheets of different colored felt and then made one a whole, two halves, three thirds and four quarters.



Button snake (no-sew: just fabric glue, ribbon and felt squares with a slit in each).



Three letter word puzzles.



First aid kit.



Writing, sticking and cutting bag.


This is the humble tote. I got it for free buying used books last summer.


Click here for what's in the waiting bag for June!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great! :) We recently did a Busy Bag Swap...aren't they great for those long waits for appointments or trips in the car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to put something like this together for my boys (6 and 9)... Lately it seems they both need Mommy's help at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding a few minutes can sure be tough sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your waiting bags are awesome! I always liked having something similar when my kids were little ... and I love that yours are so well-thought-out. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Traveling with Kids Pinterest Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/traveling-with-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Deb thank you so much for your kind comments. I was wondering why I had such a huge surge in page views :) Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great and so much fun :) We recently participated in a busy bag swap and the bags are quite the favourite around here
    Thanks for sharing on this week's Kid's Co-op :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I love posting to the Kid's Co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again :) I love the ideas for these bags! I am expecting our third this Nov and I know there will be appointments and waiting galore. I wanted to quick share this idea I scored on Pinterest! Tonight we are celebrating my grandma's bday at a "fancy" restaurant and there is no way I am showing up with these three unarmed ;)
    I am going to have these ready:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/282600945337882872/ - accoridian books
    http://pinterest.com/pin/282600945337942374/ - drawing animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on number 3! I also use ideas like this in a round basket, busy basket I suppose, that I pull out when I need a few minutes. Might be nice to have during feeding times when the baby arrives. I'm off to check out those pins!

    ReplyDelete