Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 19 of 25 days of summer homeschool: Loose Materials

I am extremely impressed by Extraordinary Classroom's use of loose materials in their classroom. I'm trying them out at home and I'm also thinking a lot about how to incorporate them into my 3 year old class next year.

I purchased some loose materials from Walmart as a starting point. I put them in recycled glass Classico Pasta Sauce jars and left them out on a low shelf. Loose materials can be rocks, shells, beads, glass floral stones, mosaic pieces, sticks, leaves etc. I'm using the photos from Extraordinary Classroom as a guide right now and hopefully this will spawn so more creative ideas. I also need to make a light table as these are perfect for light exploration.

Please share in the comments section if you are using loose materials!


No comments:

Post a Comment