Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Super Simple Mermaid Lagoon

I took a clear shoe box from Target and filled it with white aquarium gravel and blue floral decorator stones to make it look like water and sand. I added in a few shells and an aquarium plant to spruce it up and finally three mermaids. Since I had all the materials on hand except the mermaids which were $10 dollars from Target it was a quick and cheap project. Miss Independent loves this play box. You can play with it dry or add water.  

Dry


With water



12 comments:

  1. How fun!!! My girls would have fun with this!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute, looks like fun. I have all boys but will share on my fb page for my moms with girls. Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I would love to see what it's like with water in it.

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah so cute! We made some mermaids recently! They would be so at home here..

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful mermaid scene. I love it. It will be fun to play with, with or without water. Please consider linking this post to Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3 (a new weekly linky devoted to arts, crafts and play posts).

    : 0 ) Theresa
    http://www.multiples-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! This could be used in so many different ways! We'd love to invite you to join us at Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! I know everyone will love your great kid-friendly ideas! Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie :)
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/

    ReplyDelete