Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm Like You, You're Like Me: A book about understanding and appreciating each other.


 I just came across I'm Like You, You're Like me by Cindy Gainer. It's a great book for ages three to eight years. It discusses the subject of diversity through six concepts: comparing, acceptance, listening, understanding, kindness and cooperation. The illustrations by Miki Sakamoto are colorful, happy and of course diverse.

I love at the back of the book they have suggestions for the reader on what questions they can ask the child listener to further the concepts. For example, during the listening section you can ask the children "How can you tell the children are listening in the picture?"

I highly recommend this book, happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Kara! Here's a link to the new book cover featuring Miki Sakamoto's art: http://www.freespirit.com/files/IMAGE/COVER/LARGE/ImLikeYou.jpg

    Best,
    Elena M.
    Free Spirit Publishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book to share it seems but I couldn't find it anywhere in Singapore though. Would love to have the book as an addition to what my Enrichment Class for Kids already has.

    ReplyDelete