Saturday, September 15, 2012

Why We Love Play Silks!

I  love play silks so much! They really are the quintessential open ended toy. I love them so much that I replaced my dress up clothes in my preschool class with play silks. Instead of being limited to a princess   dress or superhero suit, play silks can be draped anyway on a child to be anything. I love how my kids use the blue ones for water, the red for lava, the green for grass the brown for mud. Miss independent uses them a lot to make forts or as baby blankets.

Here's Miss Independent with her pink play silk. She was playing with this one in front of a large fan.


1 comment:

  1. My daughter always loved materials like play silks, too! I pinned your post to my Kids' Dramatic Play Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-dramatic-play/

    ReplyDelete