Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cloud Dough Busy Table

Why, why, why didn't I do this earlier?! Seriously cloud dough (7 cups flour, 1 cup veggie oil) is so easy to make and so much fun to play with. Our water table from the summer was just rotting away in the basement when it dawned on me to bring it upstairs and fill it with cloud dough. Oh the possibilities are endless with what you can use as props. We just raided our play dough supplies and sand toy box for favorites. You could do a farm theme, construction theme, underwater theme, nature theme with sticks, leaves, pinecones and acorns. Or how about a baking theme? Do it, today -- your kids will love it and you will get some serious time to yourself ;)




9 comments:

  1. I haven't made cloud dough either...mostly because I thought "mess" to myself. However, I LOVE the idea of putting it in the sensory table or sand box. Smart! Thanks for linking up to AfterSchool.
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I've never heard of cloud dough! Sounds and looks awesome, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have been thinking of rescuing our water table from the shed now that we have room for it in the house. Cloud dough is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats really nice. you could try mixing it with glitter for an extra shine http://anjalicuric.blogspot.sg/2012/11/seashore-sensory-tub-invitation-to-play.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try that with the next batch :) Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love cloud dough, too! We play with ours outside because my son is quite messy. The water table is a great idea to help contain the mess. :)

    Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete