1. A nativity is set up on our coffee table for lots of imaginative play.
2. A basket of seasonal books next to a cozy reading spot. I always reserve a bunch of books from the library the end of November for the book basket.
3. A felt Christmas tree in our hallway that we made over the thanksgiving weekend for our littles to decorate over and over again!
4. Peppermint sparkle play dough for making lots of Christmas "cookies." The link is to the recipe for the dough at artful parent -- we stuck to just making the white color.
5. Decorations made by our children all over the house.
6. A paper chain to count down to Christmas.
7. Chocolate advent calendars.
8. A stash of family holiday movies, popcorn, hot chocolate and marshmallows for Christmas break family movie nights.
9. A holiday inspired sensory table for calming frazzled spirits.
10. A stash of children's holiday music.
11. I have all the supplies for a special Christmas Eve bath ready to go.
12. Our creativity table is set up with Christmas stickers, papers, markers and all sorts of supplies for making holiday decorations including pre-packaged ornament/craft kits.
Please DO NOT let this post fill your heart with regret over what you haven’t done, but as inspiration for the future. Peace.
Now that we are just about ready for the holidays I am going to take the rest of the year to focus on my family and friends, I'll be back in January with lots of fun ideas!
Wishing all my followers and readers peace, joy and love!