Saturday, January 5, 2013

All About Trees Preschool Science Center

A nature/science table can easily be set up in your classroom or home.  I had some clear plastic canisters from the dollar store that I used to contain items from trees or bushes that I did not want the children to handle for safety reasons. The container allows them to manipulate the items safely and they enjoy using the magnifying glass to see the items up close. I also included some tree blocks, a winter tree photo and a simple life cycle of the tree puzzle. 


7 comments:

  1. I love learning with nature! Feel free to link your post up @ Learn & Link http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/2013/01/insect-observation-insect-leaf-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I am always looking for more nature study ideas. I have a saturday linky that I would love to have you participate in.
    http://teachbesideme.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the container idea. Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a consultant and do teacher training workshops. Do you allow your photos to be used for this purpose? I always credit the site and provide the URL. Please respond to epostman3@cox.net
    diane Postman
    TrainingWheelsConsulting.com

    ReplyDelete