Sunday, March 17, 2013

Learning About The Wind

I set aside one day in our curriculum to learn about the wind. I chose the book The Wind That Wanted To Rest. It is recommended for age five, but most of my four year olds were able to follow the story and I like to vary the level of books in my class between age three and age five.


For our hands on activity, we made wind socks. I took large sheets of white construction paper and encouraged the children to stamp the paper with spring themed stamps of a bird, sun, watering can and flower. After they were finished stamping I used a stapler at the top and bottom of the paper to make a tube. I used tape to attach streamers in lime green and lavender and used sky blue yarn for the hook. So pretty!

Lastly we went outside to play in the wind, we were lucky to have the weather cooperate.

My camera was broken the day we did this activity but the picture below from http://shenanigansinsecond.blogspot.com looks exactly the same.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with The Sunday Showcase. I will be featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete