Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Homeschool -- Week 1.

We are almost finished our first week of summer vacation! Last summer we did 25 days of homeschool and this summer we are keeping up with our summer work again, but I don't think I will post everyday because the posts will probably be too repetitive. So I'll just do Week 1, 2, 3 and 4. I'll take a break for the month of July for our summer travels.

The first few days of summer homeschool is always a bit of trial and error. I set up things that are too easy and then over estimate and set up something that is too hard. After a few days though you should have a pretty good idea of where your child is.

This set up is for my rising 1st grader. It is the grade 1 printing book from Handwriting Without Tears. There is also a cutting strip which turned out to be too easy so we will progress to zig zag lines and curves and circles. The puzzle is spot on.




This set up is for my rising pre-k child. The cutting was the perfect level. The handwriting sheet is for name writing practice and she also did the puzzle.




It is hard to tell in the picture but there is a clear egg carton next to the toaster tongs and pom poms. She practiced one to one correspondence and using tongs.




This sheet from confessions of a homeschooler blog is to practice counting. It's a little to hard for my 4 year old to remember to work from left to right and top to bottom.



Another pic of the puzzle it is from Melissa & Doug.



My rising 1st grader had to put the cups in order from smallest to largest and then he had to count the right number of m&ms into the cups.

My third grader is reading, using Type to Learn and journaling. He also is practicing math facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment