I'm trying to include the kids in the kitchen more. I feel like with the boys their was a small window of interest when they were smaller and I didn't encourage the interest very much -- something I really regret. So the other day Miss Indpendant and I made easy apple pies. Just grab a can of cresent rolls, apple slices, melted butter and a few tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon.
1. Roll out the triangles of dough on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with oil
2. Brush the dough with melted butter.
3. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the dough
4. Place an apple slice on the dough
5. Roll up the dough with the apple inside
6. Top with more cinnamon sugar and melted butter
7. Bake according to package
By the time I got my camera there was only ONE left!