Saturday, November 30, 2013

My simple December goals

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We skipped Black Friday shopping since it has always bothered my husband and I that we are thankful for our blessings one day and then the next it is all about consuming stuff. So we decided to clean our house from top to bottom really, really well. It makes us so grateful for the home we have. We also went swimming as a family later in the day and our 6 year old said, "I'm sure glad we went swimming instead of shopping" -- that made our day!

I'm attending a workshop next week for parents of kids with ADHD & LDs about getting through the holidays -- I can't wait to report back on what I learn. In the meantime I'm re-reading Simplicty Parenting by Kim John Payne and How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and How To Listen So Kids Will Talk by Faber and Mazlish.

Personally, since just getting our new dog, a 5 year old resuce beagle named Chloe, I'm looking forward to taking walks in the evening around the neighborhood and enjoying the holiday lights with my sweet new pup.

So I suppose my goals for December are to slow down and focus on all the good in my life. Blessings!

Miss Independant with her new dog Chloe!


No comments:

Post a Comment