Monday, December 2, 2013

Cloud Dough Sensory Box

I love cloud dough. Just 7 cups of flour to a cup of vegetable oil. Today I added in some peppermint oil to give it a Christmas smell. I knew my kids would be frazzled after school today with the rain outside and the first day back to school in a week. I like using this Sterlite 25 Quart shallow rectangular box with a snap on lid for all my sensory play. It works great on the floor or on table tops and you can just snap on the lid for mess free storage. It is also nice and big so two can play together.

I decided to put in some baking items today, but who knows maybe tomorrow I'll surprise the kids with a dinosaur land or garden with silk flowers to plant or a fairy world...


8 comments:

  1. Oooh- I love the peppermint spin on it! http://theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I teach preschool too. I'm gonna try this one out on Sunday! I can already see their "woooow" faces

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower! I found you from pinterest and I love your ideas! I made your cloud dough today with my 3 1/2 year old boy and he loved it! I can't wait to try out more ideas! I blog over at http://thoughtsfromtiffani.blogspot.com if you want to check me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a blog post that will be up on Monday, and I linked to your blog. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete