Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mural Drawing

I like to keep a roll of brown craft paper for wrapping gifts and it also comes in handy for drawing murals. We were all sort of desperate with bad weather the other day so I rolled out what I had left of our paper and grabbed some oil pastels and then sat down with the kids to draw. Two of my kids are usually up for drawing, but the other is a real perfectionist and doesn't like that his drawings "don't match" what is inside his head. So sitting down and trying with him has helped, also showing him famous abstract art seems to have taken some of the pressure to make things look exactly right.




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. We are on school holidays at the moment and this would be a perfect activity for my kids. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete