Sunday, March 16, 2014

Puppy Dog Themed Birthday Paw-ty!

My daughter is turning five years old and her current favorite thing is dogs -- thanks to the recent adoption of our sweet beagle Chloe. So I decided to pull together a simple birthday party for her and five of her best friends.

I found two rolls of craft paper with paw prints at the dollar store for our tablecloth.



Chocolate puppy dog cupcakes. I used nutbutter cookies for the ears. Mini nilla wafers for the snout and ready made candy eyes from Target and a skittle for the nose.



I purchased a few dog bowls for the dollar store to use as bowls to hold scooby snack graham crackers.


My daugher made these place cards for the table.


Another pic.

Instead of treat bags everyone gets to take a puppy home. I bought a pack of 12 from oriental trading co.


The guests will mostly just play together with toys, but we did set up a beading station that they could spell their names out in beads sort of like puppy collars.


We also made a play list of music with songs like Who Let the Dogs out and Hound Dog. We also will read a Harry the Dirty Dog book and Walter the Farting Dog book.

My girl and our dog Chloe!


No comments:

Post a Comment