Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easy Last Minute Easter Crafts


Easter is almost here and if you are looking for some beautiful, easy last minute crafts you've come to the right place.

Water color and crayon resist Easter eggs. I cut large eggs out of white construction paper. The kids made patterns on the eggs with oil pastels (crayons work too) because they are nice and vibrant against the watercolor. Then the kids watercolored over the entire egg. They loved how their patterns still showed - "like magic"!




So for me sometimes the Easter bunny thing seems to take over crafts for kids during Easter and I really wanted to keep the religious element of Easter alive so we did these beautiful sun catcher crosses. 

First we taped a piece of contact paper sticky side up onto a table. The sheet size depends on what size your cross template is. Supply the kids with lots of tissue squares to stick. Then we covered the sheet with another piece of contact paper in the same size (sticky side down). Then the tissue squares are protected inside the two pieces of contact paper. Finally we used a cross template to cut out the crosses. They look really pretty in a window.






2 comments:

  1. Kara, I just found your site and Pinterest boards because you followed me there!!! I love this activity - it is so versatile and can be used for any season. I will pin and share. Also, I shared your site on my Handwriting With Katherine Facebook page. Hope you don't mind! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Katherine! I found you today because I am in the process of launching my handwriting tutoring business, what a coincidence! Thank you so much for pinning and sharing. I just love this suncatcher project. I have done it with butterfly templates and hearts too. Thank you so much for reaching out today! Blessings, Kara

    ReplyDelete